RED RIBBON CLUB
Red Ribbon Club is an international symbol of HIV-AIDS awareness .Since 1991 Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in educational institutions through which students will be made aware about AIDS.
It is youth initiative on HIV- AIDS December 1st is observed as world AIDS Day to emphasize solidarity and support for people living with H.I.V
Empowerment of students by giving them information and life skills to protect themselves from H.I.V - AIDS.
Organize H.I.V - AIDS awareness activities at regular intervals in the universities and colleges motivate youth by developing the skills of leadership, negotiations and team building and inculcate in them the spirit of helping and supporting people living with H.I.V - AIDS.
The Red Ribbon Club aims at harnessing the potential of the youth by equipping them with correct information on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment. It also aims in building their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on positive health behaviuor in an enabling environment and increasing voluntary blood donation from among youth.
Red Ribbion Club
The Red Ribbon is the international symbol of HIV and AIDS awareness. It stands for:
Care and Concern
- It is being worn by increasing numbers of people around the world to demonstrate their care and concern about HIV and AIDS - for those who are living with HIV, for those who are ill, for those who have died and for those who care for and support those directly affected.
- The Red Ribbon is intended to be a symbol of hope - that the search for a vaccine and cure to help the suffering is successful and the quality of life improves for those living with the virus.
- The Red Ribbon offers symbolic support for those living with HIV, for the continuing education of those not infected, for maximum efforts to find effective treatments, cures or vaccines, and for those who have lost friends, family members or loved ones to AIDS. But the Red Ribbons are not enough. The Red Ribbon is only a useful symbol in the long run when attached to words and deeds that actually make a difference. If you are offered a Red Ribbon, you are asked to take it and wear it as a tribute to the millions of people living with or affected by HIV and AIDS worldwide. Anyone can wear a Red Ribbon to support the cause.
RRC in Our College
Red Ribbon Club was inaugurated on 6-12-05 with Dr S. Sathyavani Bai M.D., D.G.O., as the chief guest. Every year medical counseling in being imparted for the benefit of the students by the best medical personnel. Awareness processions are also undertaken to make the people know about their health and safe-guard against diseases.
Activities During 2008 - 2019
Highlight Of The Services
- To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness of Sex, Sexuality and HIV & AIDS.
- To induce among youth the spirit to help and support people living with HIV/AIDS (PHLA) thereby reducing stigma and discrimination against PHLAs.
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skill on leadership, negotiation and team building.
- To promote voluntary non-remunerated blood donation among youth.